Waxing has been a beauty treatment for centuries now. I think it’s one of the oldest hair removal methods in the world. Yes, ladies did wax even back in the ancient times, which may come as a surprise to some of you. More and more of us don’t want to bother and go to salons to get our hair waxed anymore. It’s much easier to do it at home but, obviously, you need to know a thing or two before getting yourself into it. This beauty procedure can either end up very well or very badly. I’ve certainly experienced both! I wanted to make the whole procedure a little bit easier for you, asked around, did some research and found the best hard wax products out there on Amazon that should work quite well. I’m going to review each product afterwards as well.
What’s the Best Hard Wax in 2020?
- Brazilian Waxing Pro: Gentle but effectively eliminates stubborn and unwanted bikini hairs; made for the bikini but can also be used on other delicate parts like the underarm and face; safe and comfortable waxing; adheres on the hairs and not the skin
- Natural-Based Ingredients: Made with Honey that not only aids in efficiently removing hairs but also helps in pore cleaning and eliminating dead skin cells; protects skin from harmful free radicals; relieves dullness giving a brighter and lighter complexion
- Easy Prep and Use: Comes in a 14-ounce wax container sealed with a plastic lid for easy storage; no cloth or epilating strips required; very thick formulation for easier grabbing and pulling; great for DIY waxers at home who have limited space counters
- Time and Money Saver: Ideal for waxers who do not want to spend too much time and money with regular salon visits; brings the spa at home and lets you experience personal pampering and self-care any time of the day; same pro results but a lot cheaper
- Trusted Skin Waxing Brand: GiGi is known as one of the top-notch makers of excellent waxing products with easy-to-follow instructions and 100% cruelty-free; perfect for beginners and DIY treatments; a leader in the hair removal industry for over 40 years
Here is some of the best hard wax products that worked quite well on me. I tried to think of both advantages and disadvantages these products have. I hope it’ll help you to get an idea of what hard wax you need. I know waxing can get messy and I’ve taken that into account too!
|GiGi Brazilian Body Hard Wax, Smooth and Soft Bikini,...||Lasts for quite long|
|Hard Wax Kit: Face, Underarms, Bikini Hair Remover -...||Cruelty free|
|Wax Necessities Waxness Azulene Stripless Hard Wax Tin 14...||Chamomile extract|
|GiGi Brazilian Bikini Wax Microwave Formula - Non-Strip Hair...||Vitamins A, C and E|
If you were to go to the shop, you’d notice that there are loads and loads waxing products. You would also find out two types of wax exist – hard and soft. Knowing what each type is like is essential before buying any wax product.
Difference Between Hard Wax and Soft Wax
Here are a few general ideas about each types of wax:
It’s a peel off wax that you need to apply with spatula. The layer should be thick so that later you’d be able to remove it with your fingers. It also tends to attach more to hair than to skin and therefore doesn’t irritate skin so much. That’s mostly the reason why hard wax is suitable for sensitive areas such as underarms, bikini line, chin, upper lip and eyebrows.
I bet you know about this one a little bit more. Just like hard wax, soft wax is applied with a spatula. However, you need to keep the layer thin and remove it with a paper strip. You can use soft wax to remove hair from your legs, arms or other large areas of your body.
Hard Wax Pros and Cons
- Waxing isn’t very messy. Doesn’t stick to the skin so much and is easy to clean up
- Less painful than soft since it sticks to the hair more than to the skin
- It grabs shorter hair much better. Therefore, you don’t need to wait for hair to grow longer to wax
- Not good for large areas. You should use hard wax only for small areas, otherwise, it may break
- Costs more than soft wax
- May be hard to find hard wax treatments in salons due to the price
GiGi Brazilian Body Hard Wax
- Brazilian Waxing Pro: Gentle but effectively eliminates stubborn and...
- Natural-Based Ingredients: Made with Honey that not only aids in...
- Easy Prep and Use: Comes in a 14-ounce wax container sealed with a...
- Time and Money Saver: Ideal for waxers who do not want to spend too...
- Trusted Skin Waxing Brand: GiGi is known as one of the top-notch...
Just as the name says this product has been produced to remove hair from bikini line. Generally speaking, Gigi Brazilian Body Hard Wax is mainly for very sensitive areas that happen to be smaller. Therefore, you can use it for upper lip, chin, underarms and even eyebrows. This product comes in a 14-ounce can. It may not seem like a lot but if you use it for small areas like underarms, it’ll probably last for a year or so. Of course, if you’re planning to use it for your bikini line, you’ll need more than one can for a year.
This product is designed for coarse hair. Therefore, all the hairy ladies or men out there don’t need to worry about this wax being too fragile for them! It should be able to deal even with the thickest hair. That’s certainly good news for some of us.
- Lasts for around a year if you use it for underarms only
- Works well on sensitive areas, tends to be gentle
- Fast and efficient
- Doesn’t come with a warmer, you’ll need to buy one separately
- Breaks off in pieces if used on large areas
- May leave out very short thin hair
How to Use GiGi Brazilian Body Hard Wax
Firstly, make sure to get the thickness of the layer right. It should be of around ¼ inch. Otherwise, wax may break off and you’ll end up as hairy as you had been before. Try the wax on your arm or leg first. However, don’t spread it all over the skin. A small patch will do. Secondly, once you apply the wax with spatula, let it cool for around 20-30 seconds. Thirdly, pull the wax slowly and evenly. You cannot just rip it off, because it will probably break.
Good Video on How to Wax with GiGi Brazilian Body Hard Wax
BodyHonee Hard Wax Kit
- MADE IN THE USA All Natural, Microwavable Hard Wax Hair Remover for...
- Perfect Wax Kit For Short, Thick-Coarse Hairs on Bikini, Face, and...
- Microwavable: 1-2 minute microwavable heating
- No Paper Strips Needed! Our Hard Wax is Stripless
- Made with skin soothing, anti-inflammatory plant-based chlorophyll
This product is indeed special since it’s cruelty free. BodyHonee is actually a company that’s been around since 1980’s and strives to create natural products that are environment friendly. I think they’re succeeding at it and BodyHonee Hard Wax Kit review is an example of that success. It’s quite handy since the product is microwavable. You only need to heat it for around 3 minutes and you’re good to go. It’s very practical and probably that’s the reason why it’s my favorite hard wax out there. The product is natural, has not preservatives, non-toxic and has never been tested on animals! It also contains plant-based chlorophyll that happens to have soothing and anti-inflammatory properties. Those are all the reasons why this is the best hard wax you can find out there.
- It’s microwavable, no need to spend money on a warmer
- Comes with 2 wooden spatulas and 2 soothing post depilatory wipes
- Leaves you with smooth skin
- Can get quite messy if you are not very experienced
- Not as effective as other wax products
- Effectiveness tends to worsen after reheating
How to Use BodyHonee Hard Wax Kit
The product has truly good step-by-step instructions. Firstly, you need to heat up the wax in microwave, leave it there for around 3 minutes. Afterwards, apply it with a spatula and let it sit there for around 20 seconds. The wax needs to harden, however it cannot be too hard. When it seems about right, rip it off. Do it consistently in small patches. All in all, the slower you do it, the more hair you’ll rip out
Necessities Azulene Stripless Hard Wax
- -Made in Italy -High quality natural resin base
- - Dark color well visible on the skin
- - With calming chamomile extract
- -Fast Hardening time ideal for busy estheticians / - Use without...
- - Hard Stripless wax Ideal for underarm and bikini
Made in Italy – a beautiful country next to the Mediterranean Sea. This hard wax stands out for its dark color, which helps to see wax better and remove more hair at a time. It consists of chamomile extract that has soothing properties. That’s especially important when you’re removing hair. In addition to that, it hardens quite fast and saves a lot of time for those in a rush. Comes in can of 14 oz, therefore can last for a while.
The product has just come out in the USA market, therefore it’s new to us. However, it does work and tends to catch even the shortest fairest hair. It’s also suitable for large body areas. That’s mainly the reason why it’s on this list.
- Dark color helps to notice leftover wax making it easier to clean your skin up
- Chamomile extract soothes skin while removing hair
- Doesn’t leave hair afterwards
- Can last for long
- More painful than other wax products
- You’ll need to buy a warmer for this one
- Very stringy, can be annoying
- Doesn’t come with spatulas
How to Use Necessities Azulene Stripless Hard Wax
All you need to do is to heat up the can with a warmer, apply the wax to your skin with a spatula, wait for around 15 seconds or so and start stripping it off. Pretty much the same procedure as with GiGi Brazilian Body Hard Wax that’s first on the list. If you’re going to use the product on large areas such as legs, apply the wax the way you would apply soft wax but rip it off as you would hard wax.
GiGi Brazilian Bikini Wax Microwave Formula
- DESIGNED FOR DELICATE AREAS AND BRAZILIAN WAXING: Used by the most...
- BE HAIR-FREE FOR WEEKS: This GiGi Brazilian Bikini Wax Microwave...
- NON-STRIP, DISPOSABLE WAX: et rid of your unwanted hair by yourself at...
- INFUSED WITH LUXURIOUSLY, NATURE-DERIVED INGREDIENTS: The secret to...
- 100% CRUELTY-FREE AND MADE IN USA: GiGi Brazilian Bikini Wax Microwave...
Another GiGi product. However, this one is actually microwavable. The wax has vitamins A, C and E, which ensure the overall skin happiness! Unlike the GiGi wax I’ve recommended before, this one is smaller in size. Only 8 ounces. However, knowing the fact that you can save money on warmers, it makes sense why there is less of it. The product is also available in jar, which is handy. All in all, the wax is similar to GiGi Brazilian Body Hard Wax in terms of its properties.
- It’s microwavable
- Removes even coarse hair
- Works great on face, doesn’t hurt and leaves skin smooth
- You’ll need to buy your own spatulas
- Very messy, doesn’t melt very easily
- The container may break, be careful
How to Use GiGi Brazilian Bikini Wax Microwave Formula
Firstly, remove the cap and the plastic disc, put the jar into the microwave and heat it for 30 seconds on highest setting. Try to stir it. If the wax hasn’t completely melted, heat it again for around 15 seconds. However, do not heat the wax for longer than 1 minutes, because it will get very hot and you’ll burn yourself. Afterwards, apply it on your skin with spatula and make sure the layer is quite thick. Then let it cool for around 20-30 seconds and slowly rip it off.
I do hope you’ve liked my list of the best hard wax products 2020. Waxing can be quite a procedure, therefore it’s important to get the right products for it. I tried to give you mixture of products, both microwavable ones and the ones that need a warmer. Many of them contain vitamins and extracts that help to soothe skin and keep it hairless for at least 4 weeks. I hope you’ve enjoyed all my hard wax reviews. Have a lovely day and take care!
What hard wax do professionals use?
Is Hard Wax better?
Which Type of Wax Is Better for the Face?
Which Type of Wax Is Better for Larger Areas, Such as the Legs?
Which Type Is Better for a Brazilian or Bikini Wax?
If you want to get rid of coarse hairs down there, you will definitely want to choose a wax that is as comfortable as possible. Obviously, this is never going to be a completely pain-free treatment, but using hard wax can make it so much better.
Hard wax grabs onto your coarsest hairs quite easily. Plus, its heat helps open your pores, making it easier to pull out unwanted hairs.
Another great benefit of using hard wax for a bikini wax or a Brazilian is that it does not stick to your skin, making removal far more pleasant.
Why is my hard wax cracking?
Is Hard Wax painful?
Things to Keep in Mind
Whether you’re waxing at home or seeing a professional, you need to know how to care for your skin before and after your treatment. Between the heat and the stickiness of the wax, these treatments can leave your skin red, raw, and painful without the right techniques.
Be sure that you trim any hair to approximately a quarter of an inch and apply any recommended oils or powders to your skin before beginning.
Also, act with confidence. You want to apply the wax correctly, and an unsteady hand will not help you. When it comes time to remove the wax, quick, sure movements are the only way to go.
If you still aren’t sure which type of wax is best for your hair removal needs, head to a professional who can help you get smooth, hairless skin with a minimum of fuss, frustration or pain on your part. She may even be able to give you some pointers on how to decrease pain with cooling gels, special oils, and post-waxing tips. Once you know what works, you’ll feel more empowered to give it a go yourself at home.
No matter which wax you choose, remember that, as with nearly any beauty regimen, this is a personal preference, and you should choose the one that makes you feel the best.
- 1 What’s the Best Hard Wax in 2020?
- 2 Difference Between Hard Wax and Soft Wax
- 3 Hard Wax Pros and Cons
- 4 GiGi Brazilian Body Hard Wax
- 5 BodyHonee Hard Wax Kit
- 6 Necessities Azulene Stripless Hard Wax
- 7 GiGi Brazilian Bikini Wax Microwave Formula
- 8 FAQ
- 9 Things to Keep in Mind